Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

OPI Black Spotted

As teased on my Google+ page, I've managed to get a bottle of OPI Black Spotted. This is a special effect topper similar to crackle but instead of cracks it makes spots. I wanted it from the first pictures I came across on the web; I'd never seen anything like it. The difficult thing: it was apparently a France exclusive, something they got with the Spider-Man collection instead of Green Shatter. I don't live in France, and Sephora France doesn't ship to the U.S., so things were not looking good, especially since I read that there were patent or ingredient issues that would keep this from being released to the U.S. so waiting wasn't necessarily going to help. Then a very kind friend of mine and her sister offered to add a bottle for me to their order and amazingly soon it arrived considering it had to make its way from France to sister to friend to me.



I was so curious to try it that the minute I was able to, I put it on over my existing mani (the Nabi magnetics in Red and Natural from yesterday's post). This works just like crack; you put a coat on over already dry nail polish and the effect appears as the Spotted dries.



Photos above and directly below are without topcoat.



And here it is with OPI Top Coat added:



I just had to see what it looked like over something else, so I put on two coats of Butter London Slapper (bright teal creme), added one coat of Butter London Henley Regatta, then one of OPI RapiDry Top Coat to give the Spotted a smooth surface to slide over. I waited a bit for that all to dry since I'd read that putting Spotted over not quite dry polish could lead to cracks between the spots. Then came Spotted and more RapiDry top coat.





While playing with this, I learned that a thin coat seems to lead to more spotting and the sooner you do clean up the better because this stuff is tenacious when it gets on skin.

I like this effect a lot. That it's labelled "Black Spotted" and not just "Spotted" makes me wonder if other colors are in the works, like happened with OPI's Shatter polishes. I also wonder if other brands will do something similar. I hope so.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar